windows xp home edition re-install

P.Rudra

On my dell inspiron 1150 laptop I have partitions for linux and windows (hdc2) installed at the time of purchase.

While installing linux I inadvertantly tinkered with the already installed windows and it got erased.

I re-installed windows xp home edition from the re-installation CD (Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Including

Service Pack 2) which says that 'this CD is not for re-installation of programs and drivers'.

I cannot connect now to internet through my static ethernet broadband router connection. It was doing fine before

I messed around.

I clicked Tools--->Internet Options--->Connections---->LAN settings. There is provisions for writing my IP address,

but no way of informing the machine about DNS addresses and alternate Gateway address.

How shall I fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

All DELL computers come with a "Resource CD" that contains all drivers for that model.

Thanks all three of you for mentioning the resource cd from dell.

I solved the problem in a round about way.

I downloaded the drivers from Dell on my linux platform, burnt the .exe files on a cd,

rebooted to windows and after copying the files installed them from command prompt.

Clicking on Internet Explorer the familiar picture of Google appeared.

I am now writing from windows.

Windows forum has been of immense help.

Thanks again.