Vista Activation

Servitillo

I bought a Copy of windows vista Ultimate about a week ago and i tried installing it.

When it came to the part when i typed in the product code, it said "The product can not be Validated"

I was Thinking about just skipping that part and going straight to installing it.

Bottom line is: How do I activate my windows by phone?

P.S: This is my first post

You are certain you are inputting the correct code - 25 digits/letters in block of 5 (or similar)?

The message "The product can not be Validated" usually appears when there is doubt about the authenticity of the copy of Windows. There should be a telephone number that appears on screen to enable you to contact Microsoft.

I am not suggesting that you are trying to do anything underhand but, did you buy the disk from a reliable source? Was it in a sealed pack with hologram labels and disk surface?

You may want to contact your supplier about your problem before you contact Microsoft as they are very keen on tracking down fraudsters and pirates and if your copy is counterfeit, MS will want all the details.

If, by chance, your disk is counterfeit and you know it is then there is not a lot we can do about it.

Update: Seen on another group:

Microsoft's WGA servers are down,

They won't be up and running for another few days. Don't worry as every genuine copy will be getting that message. The activation helpline is aware of this.