SlipStreaming Windows Media Center Edition ver 2005

Firefighter

Slip Streaming Windows Media Center Edition ver 2005

I need some advice here. I found info on the internet how to slipstream WinXp & SP2 with a program called AutoStreamer 1.0. It's pretty straight forward when you have 2 CD-ROMS with an executable file on each CD.

Here is my delema. I have 2 CD-ROMS. One with an executable file which installs the O/S labelled CD 1 of 2 Service Pack 2 and the second CD labelled labelled CD 2 of 2 Service Pack 2 which does not have an executable file on the CD so the AutoStreamer will not recognize it. There is one folder on it (CD 2 of 2) called CMPNENTS which has 3 folders inside it called, MEDIACTR,NETFX & TABLETPC. Each one of those folders all have another folder within called I386. In the three I386 folders there is some cab files.What I am attempting to do here is put everything on on DVD and intergrate all of the windows updates into it. Later on once I get to know how to modify it better I will customize it more.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

Slip Streaming Windows Media Center Edition ver 2005

I need some advice here. I found info on the internet how to slipstream WinXp & SP2 with a program called AutoStreamer 1.0. It's pretty straight forward when you have 2 CD-ROMS with an executable file on each CD.

Here is my delema. I have 2 CD-ROMS. One with an executable file which installs the O/S labelled CD 1 of 2 Service Pack 2 and the second CD labelled labelled CD 2 of 2 Service Pack 2 which does not have an executable file on the CD so the AutoStreamer will not recognize it. There is one folder on it (CD 2 of 2) called CMPNENTS which has 3 folders inside it called, MEDIACTR,NETFX & TABLETPC. Each one of those folders all have another folder within called I386. In the three I386 folders there is some cab files.What I am attempting to do here is put everything on on DVD and intergrate all of the windows updates into it. Later on once I get to know how to modify it better I will customize it more.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

Any help would be appreciated. I am also having a hardtime intergrating the hot fixes exe, cab & psf files. I followed the directions but get no confirmation if thay are getting intergrated. Also it looks like these hotfixes are reinstalling on my computer instead of being intergrated.

Sorry you have not had a response.

Until someone more knowledgeable than I am comes in, are these any help?

http://www.simplyguides.net/guides/using_a...ostreamer.shtml

http://www.simplyguides.net/guides/slipstr...tream_sp2.shtml

Simplyguides is a site run by the admin staff here at WF