Windows Xp Professional SP-2

blueeyes

Respected Admin,

I have 2 computers in my home. 1st one is mine and 2nd belongs to my elder brother. Both computers are connected with the Cable Internet Service Provider. Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 2 Edition.

My Problem:

I thought I have a secure computer, I change the password yesterday night and today in the morning I just forgot the password. Now I can't access my computer from other PC and when I plug my hard drive into 2nd computer to retrieve my Documents, the Administrator folder in Documents and Settings is not opening, where my many office files are.

Please tell/help me what do I do before installing new windows. All I need is Documents that are stuck in My Documents folder. Is there any way that I can change or delete my current password. Like we do in Win98, in DOS we just DEL the file. Thanks in advance.

The whole point of applying passwords to your windows setup is to prevent unauthorised access to your machine. With this in mind, Microsoft have made it very difficult for passwords to be bypassed - otherwise what is the point of using the password at all?

Whilst there may be devious ways of overriding applied passwords, it is not something that Windows Forum can reveal or make any suggestions for as information like that can be very easily misused.

Sorry we can't help in this but because of the danger of misuse, I am closing this thread.