Wireless Wherever ?!

Jayno

How cool is this?

I'm just starting to think about going wireless in my home so that I can use my works laptop when I need to, without having to swop my wired broadband connection from my PC and being restricted to one room to do so.

I thought I was just searching the Net for wireless router recommendations when I came across this:

http://www.btfon.com/info/whatsBTFon

As I understand it, if I buy a BTFon router and sign-up to the human race, I can get the benefit of free wireless broadband connections all over the place ('place' as in 'world'!). As I'm a would-be communist collectivist and have a house in France where I spend frequent stays, this is starting to get me very interested.

What d'ya reckon comrades?

:wacko:

The free hot-spots in the UK from what I can find are primarily in the big city centres - nowhere rural ?

I found nothing within 25 miles of me.

Only 5 in the Gloucester/Cheltenham area where there are approx half a million people !

I live in the back of beyond - no use to me at all and no use to a very large number of people - the majority of those who have Internet connections, in fact.

Save your excitement and expectations for something more real such as a set of these which I've just converted to with great success. I've given up altogether with flaky wireless connections now.

Yes, you do become a hotspot yourself - and in consequence have to be prepared for any old rubbish to be downloaded through your connection - illegal, immoral or anything. No thanks very much! Wait for the authorities to track you down - which they do.