Convert .mov files to create video DVD

AlanHo

I have a panasonic digital camera which not only takes great pictures - it also takes video of quite good quality - but uses the Quicktime .mov format.

I want to create a DVD of a recent holiday which to play a mixture of still photos and videos onto my 42" LCD TV via a DVD player. However, I am having problems with the mov files.

I have tried using the latest Nero - it seems to accept the mov files - but crashes during the rendering process.

My Vista Windows Movie Maker will create a combined slide show and vidoe DVD - but it will not recognise mov files - it likes the video input to be in wmv format.

Hence what I think I need is software to convert mov files to wmv format at the highest possible quality. I have Googled and there are dozens of programmes available all claiming great results for your money - but I have no idea how effective they really are.

I don't mind paying a modest sum (say £20) for a guaranteed solution - is there anyone out there who has hands on experience of such software they can recommend.

I've used WinAVI Video Converter 7 in the past to convert .mov files to.wmv

The newest version 8.0 is supposedly even better :)

http://www.winavi.com/en/video-converter/video-converter.htm - $ 29.95

WinAVI Video Converter is software for video conversion. By using our product, users are released from the limitations and difficulties of video formats. It can support almost all formats of video including AVI, MPEG1/2/4, VCD/SVCD/DVD, DivX, XVid, ASF, WMV, RM, QuickTime MOV, Flash SWF. Also, it allows you to burn to VCD/SVCD/DVD. A powerful AV compress engine can complete a whole AVI movie conversion and burn it to DVD just in 1 hour. You can enjoy the film with your home & PC DVD Player.

AVI to DVD

AVI to MPEG

AVI to VCD

AVI to MPG

Flash SWF conversion

It can convert all formats to MPEG1/2, VCD, SVCD, and DVD and burn to VCD, SVCD, or DVD disc.

It can convert all video formats to AVI/WMV/RM/ASF/Divx/Xvid

QuickTime MOV conversion.

Real DVD Navigator encoder included.

DirectAC3 technology supports AC3 5.1, which is state of the art technology. It is up to 20% faster with AVI files including AC3 audio.

Real Dolby AC3 audio encoder included.

Burning VCD/SVCD/DVD.

Stunning video and audio quality.

User-friendly interface that is easy to use.

Has the option to preview the video in real-time.

Has the option to automatically shutdown your computer when the conversion has been completed.