---URGENT--- ZIP FILES ON WINDOWS EXPLORER

Sometimes, I open a folder in the Windows Explorer and all the zip files appear in line just below the folders and I can open the zip files just like normal folders, no need to open winzip. This makes it very easy to open then directly in the Windows Explorer because I can just drag and drop files instead of opening the winzip and extracting the files. But sometimes I open it and this doesnt happen. How this works? Anybody know?

Hi there.

You dont say which operating system you are using, I am going to assume that it is Windows XP.

I would think that you have the built in zip support enabled and that is causing you a bit of confusion. - You are also using WinZip.

"If you prefer to use third-party software for your compression and decompression in Windows XP and Windows Me, it’s best to disable compressed (zipped) folder feature (the name of compression utility) in Windows."

"To disable the Compressed (ZIP) Folder feature:

1. Click on Start -> Run.

2. Enter the following command in the Run text box:

regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll

3. Restart the Windows for the change to be effective.

To enable Compressed (ZIP) Folder support in Windows:

1. Click on Start -> Run.

2. Enter the following command in the Run text box (same command with above, except without the /u switch):

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll

3. Restart the Windows for change to take effect."