Capitalism Isn't Working...

Guest LB

various countries throughout the world are in different stages of development.....

most have differing economic and governmental situations but one thing is clear...no one country is perfect, there is no equal distribution of wealth, status or power.

The developed world is a capitalist society and this has some major flaws so the question is whats next? How do we develop a utopian society where everyone is equal and the power is shared?

I'm not sure this is possible at the moment :( . If you think about it, the creation of a unified European Community is probably a very good starting place, but just look at how difficult this is prooving to be.

Incidently, it seems that it is we British, who are causing the most grief with it.

Mr. M.

"Democracy only works if you do it a my way" 

:P

I can well understand your irony, and agree. The problem is that there will always be those who want to control all, and those who don't give a damn. This country leaves a lot to be desired, but look at the apathy at election times. People grumble but are not prepared to do anything about it. Instead of saying, "there is no one worth voting for so I won't bother", why don't they do some thing about it themselves? I am not criticising anyone, because I am the same myself, always prepared to get on the old soap box, but too lazy to do my wack. We must be grateful that for all it's faults, in this country we still get the chance to do something about it if we are prepared to, this is NOT the case in a good many countries. As regards a unified Europe, my view is that it CANNOT work EVER. There are too many differences and too many diverse cultures. The only answer is to try to help each other, without being ruled by an absolute monolith, as Europe is fast becoming.