Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Windows Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
renu

McciTrayApp.exe - what is it?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am seeing this exe McciTrayApp.exe process on my PC. Windows XP. I have Verizon DSL. Can some one tell me what this exe is. It is taking a lot of CPU. I got it from CTRL-ALT-DEL Task manager then Processes.

Thanks for help.

If you don't use it, and it uses a lot of CPU, then I would simply remove it from the startup. Use msconfig or Startup Inspector to remove the item from startup (uncheck it, not delete).

So it seems to be related to renu's broadband connection, is that right? If he doesn't use that broadband connection, he can remove it, or stop it running automatically. Is that the advice?

McciTrayApp.exe

- belongs to the software DVD Solution or BellSouth Wireless Connection or Verizon Online Help and Support or Soldat Interface Maker by Motive Communications, Inc (www.motive.com).

Description: McciTrayApp.exe should be located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 543232 bytes (74% of all occurrence), 936960 bytes, 935936 bytes.

This file should place an icon in your system tray that can be used to access Help/customer service. If so - and renu does not make use of Verizon Online Help it can be disabled via Startup Inspector so as not to autostart at boot.

Thanks Gagaman, Pat, Dencandy and Boris for help.

Thanks Pat. I used msconfig to remove it from automatic startup. I will bounce the laptop and see. Thanks