Cool Screen Saver

Phate

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Sorry to go off-topic but do people actually use screen savers nowadays?

The way I see it screen savers were only necessary to prevent images being "burnt" onto monitors but I've been told that modern monitors don't suffer this affliction!!

I never use screen saver mode....in fact I disable ALL of the power saving options by default :blink: ...Am I the only one??

Cheers.

Shirl.

Sorry to go off-topic but do people actually use screen savers nowadays?

The way I see it screen savers were only necessary to prevent images being "burnt" onto monitors but I've been told that modern monitors don't suffer this affliction!!

I never use screen saver mode....in fact I disable ALL of the power saving options by default  :blink: ...Am I the only one??

Cheers.

Shirl.

The last screensaver that I used caused me problems, so now I have none. System standby NEVER, switch off hard disks, NEVER switch off monitor, TWO HOURS.

beg to differ there andsome, we have a screen at work that displays nothing but a menu option screen all day (it acts as a server for some scales), when you actually choose an option on the menu screen, the menu is still visible in a strange ghostly way!!

i got so excited there when i thought i could get a videoclip as a screen saver...................but i cant cos im not on xp, im on windows me! pooooo looks like im having the weather one then, at the moment ive got 'my pictures' as the screensaver but its a bit daunting sometimes as i keep forgetting what pics ive got in there till theyre flashed up full size, lol, not pretty some of them lol. :rolleyes: