Prince Charles

andsome

Perhaps I should have emphasised environmental issues e.g. the Queen being patron of the Council for the Protection of Rural England, Charles being the country's most outspoken critic of bad architecture, piss-poor developments and the Common Agricultural Policy which has turned much of the UK into an agribusiness at the expense of the quality of life of rural populations. On the other hand your government is about to devastate large areas of green-belt Essex and Kentish countryside with housing developments which, considering that the birthrate in the UK is falling, are for second homes, investors and immigrants. The new road programmes, opposed by silly ol' Charly, will also cut swathes through more of your beautiful countryside, thus allowing motor manufacturers to continue with their unsustainable produce to the detriment of the climate. Frankly, Charly is one of the few sensible voices to be heard in this country and there might be a sea-change when he is king. As for the hangers-on, well, you can do what you like with them. As for Clarence House, he's within his rights to claim any conservation benefits going.

So, the Queen is a patron of something or other. She is patron of quite a few things without making a scrap of difference. So, Jug ears is against a lot of the things that the majority of the people are against, and a fat lot of difference that makes. Us paying all this money out to support a few people who have no more right to be feted than the rest of us, will not stop cheesy. Only people turning out at the next general election can do that.

I got ten right. I am definitely in my own eyes, NOT A SUBJECT, loyal or otherwise, I am first and foremost a BRITISH CITIZEN, and am as good as anyone else in the country, and respect no one person more than any other. I could not bring myself to bow and scrape to anyone. I had more than enough of "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir", during national service, when I was forced to do it to keep out of trouble.

when I was forced to do it to keep out of trouble.

Sounds like an opportunity for another post.......

When I was forced to bow and scrape,(often to people of very limited intelligence), in order to keep out of trouble.

(Does that sound better?)