'windows live' ad takes over

PaulO

When I click on Internet Explorer lately all that comes up is the 'Windows Live' sign up page. Ive checked in control panel for internet connections and no longer see the address for Internet Explorer homepage as an option. The 'Windows Live' ironically has become a computer virus in this case. No ad should have the power to change settings like this. I typed in msn.com and can now go to that as my default homepage but what is the address for internet explorer homepage? Is there a tool for removing the microsoft windows live ad so it wont happen again?

Internet Explorer is NOT a home page, it is the browser that you use to access your home page. Somehow you have now made MSN.com your home page. From that page, click on TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS at the top of the page. Under GENERAL, you will see the option to type in whatever home page that you want. Mine is www.google.co.uk. :D

Im trying to get ' internet exporer' to come up when I click on the internet explorer icon. It used to. I now had to type in "msn.com" to stop 'windows live' signup page from coming up. at least now I get msn explorer. somehow the windows ad 'windows live' made itself the default windows explorer. I dont want anything to do with windows live at this point.

Im trying to get ' internet exporer' to come up when I click on the internet explorer icon. It used to. I now had to type in "msn.com" to stop 'windows live' signup page from coming up. at least now I get msn explorer. somehow the windows ad 'windows live' made itself the default windows explorer. I dont want anything to do with windows live at this point.

When msn.com comes up, try the steps outlined above. :D