Broadband problems

EmissionImpossible

Hi Guys,

I am currently with Virgin broadband with a 4MB connection (to be upgraded to 10 in June)

My connection is rubbish, the router and modem are in my room with three other rooms feeding off me. ( we are all only browsing)

When I say my connections rubbish, The connection is not enabled automatically when I log on (usually only the first time in a day) However this means no one else in my house can go online unless I am already connected. Which is not ideal. I have had the modem and router checked by some guy when I phoned Virgin Media and they are fine, so what settings shoudl I change? Should I untangle the mass of wires and see if that miraciously helps.

Any suggestions?

HELP :censored:

I am also on Virgins 4MB service and I run three computers from a router.

My Modem is connected to the router and then the LAN cables run to the other computers.

I can access all computers at any time regardless of which one is switched on.

Also as soon as I switch any of the computers on as long as the modem is powered it will automatically connect.

I do not think untangling the wires will solve your problem.

How do you log on as those settings could be your problem.

I am also on Virgins 4MB service and I run three computers from a router.

My Modem is connected to the router and then the LAN cables run to the other computers.

I can access all computers at any time regardless of which one is switched on.

Also as soon as I switch any of the computers on as long as the modem is powered it will automatically connect.

I do not think untangling the wires will solve your problem.

How do you log on as those settings could be your problem.

How do i log on? I have a password protected log on.

Im not sure I understand your question.

Often routers have it built-in to them to connect to the Internet themselves. Meaning you must go into the router's interface and program your log in details and then the router will do the work for you.

Cheers that makes sense.

How do I go into the routers interface and program my log in details.

Depends on what router you use. Generally you can log into them by going to your web browser and typing in the address of the router.

For example: http://192.168.0.1

Yours may be different. You can find this by going to start > run > cmd > ipconfig. The one listed as 'Default Gateway' is your routers address. You may want to check with the manual for the default username and password for the router.

Depends on what router you use. Generally you can log into them by going to your web browser and typing in the address of the router.

For example: http://192.168.0.1

Yours may be different. You can find this by going to start > run > cmd > ipconfig. The one listed as 'Default Gateway' is your routers address. You may want to check with the manual for the default username and password for the router.

Thanks, i will try tonight!

Have a good day.