Settings for Adobe Flash Cookies

Dencandy

If you have Adobe Flash Player installed you may not be aware that it stores cookies on your computer that are not detected by most cookie or adware scanners.

If you do a local Search using "*.sol" you'll be shown where these are stored.

To delete them properly and set your privacy settings for Adobe Flash you need to Access the Adobe Flash Player Help Page. This is not stored as part of the programme but must be accessed via the internet. It's here.

From that page you can adjust the settings for cookies and other related matters.

For more details about these settings and how to change them, scroll to the lower part of this page from MVPS.org. :flowers:

C Cleaner must be removing them, a scan revealed nothing at all. I would need to know a little more about what I am selecting before doing some of the things shown in the article, especially as my search came up negative. :D

It seems CCleaner doesn't remove them because they have their own file extension (.sol) that CCleaner doesn't look for. Did you try the internal search (*.sol)? You can also find them using the Flash Player Help page referred to. I found a number related to YouTube and GoogleVideo but left them as I assume they're benign. Since I think you recently did a re-install maybe you haven't got any yet.

It's also important to make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player (build: 9.0.124.0) as previous versions had vulnerabilities used to install mal & adware. The old versions also need to be uninstalled to be on the safe side.

It seems CCleaner doesn't remove them because they have their own file extension (.sol) that CCleaner doesn't look for. Did you try the internal search (*.sol)? You can also find them using the Flash Player Help page referred to. I found a number related to YouTube and GoogleVideo but left them as I assume they're benign. Since I think you recently did a re-install maybe you haven't got any yet.

It's also important to make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player (build: 9.0.124.0) as previous versions had vulnerabilities used to install mal & adware. The old versions also need to be uninstalled to be on the safe side.

I have the latest version. :D