PC Guard

Bazman76

HI,

I'm using the PC guard suite. It seems to have been fine until recently. When I start the PC up it says that I have not used PC guard for 30 days and that my license will have to be validated. However I use the program every day so this is completely untrue.

I phoned virgin and they advised me to reinstall it. I had to reinstall it a couple of times but eventually it worked. However since I restarted it this morning the fault is back?

The other symptom is when I first re install PC guard the 2nd from bottom service in the additional services section is called "pop-up blocker". When the fault appears its name has spontaneously changed to Ad blocker?

I am wondering if its some kind of malware that is deliberately disabling the advert/ pop up blocker on PC guard.

Just wonder if anyone else has experienced these problems?

If so any idea on how to get a lasting solution?

Baz

I believe that PC Guard is Virgin Media Broadband's security package which is provided free with your broadband account ?

If so - they will hopefully be the "experts" in resolving your problem.

Here is a link to their Technical support pages :-

http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/getConte...ard_techsupport

Baz, it may be worth checking that the following has been applied to your installation....

To activate PCguard correctly, you need to check the following:
  1. You should first check the Service Status page to see if there is any fault with the PCguard service.
  2. Check that you have a working Virgin Internet connection.
  3. Verify that your PC has the correct Date & Time set, normally in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
  4. Check that you have installed Internet Explorer 5.1 or above, and are running SP2 or above, or Windows Vista.
  5. Your browser must be set to accept cookies, and be configured to use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
  6. You should have the latest Microsoft Updates.
  7. No other security programs should be installed on your computer that would conflict with PCguard, especially other anti-virus programs.

Also....

If you have a firewall installed, please check to ensure it is allowing PCguard or RPS.exe access to the Internet so that it can activate. You may also need to check your computer's clock in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. It's possible that an incorrect date or time will invalidate the PCguard security certificate.

I hope this helps. :)

Baz, it may be worth checking that the following has been applied to your installation....

To activate PCguard correctly, you need to check the following:
  1. You should first check the Service Status page to see if there is any fault with the PCguard service.
  2. Check that you have a working Virgin Internet connection.
  3. Verify that your PC has the correct Date & Time set, normally in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
  4. Check that you have installed Internet Explorer 5.1 or above, and are running SP2 or above, or Windows Vista.
  5. Your browser must be set to accept cookies, and be configured to use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
  6. You should have the latest Microsoft Updates.
  7. No other security programs should be installed on your computer that would conflict with PCguard, especially other anti-virus programs.

Also....

If you have a firewall installed, please check to ensure it is allowing PCguard or RPS.exe access to the Internet so that it can activate. You may also need to check your computer's clock in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. It's possible that an incorrect date or time will invalidate the PCguard security certificate.

I hope this helps. :)

OMG I'd changed the date :0

Feeling low, stupid and very very grateful!