The majority of Linux users also use Windows

The majority of those who use some Linux distribution also use Windows on their machine. The majority of those who dual boot use Windows as their primary OS.

That's what I stated on some web site, but someone asked me do I have a source for that. I said that I don't, that it's a notice from my personal experience.

So, I really wonder now, do you agree with me or not?

http://digg.com/linux_unix/The_majority_of...lso_use_Windows

It doesn't matter why you dual boot. Whether you're locked into some windows-only software or not, the fact still remains, from my experience and point of view, that a lot of people dual boot.

As for Wine, it is well known that some major software, mostly "heavy" one (Photoshop, Sound Forge, AutoCAD, ...), can't give you the same output quality as they can under Windows.

• 1 month later...
This doesn't make sense. If you got Linux you use Linux, if you got Windows you use Windows.

Each one has its merits , it's a matter of choice. I can't see any benefit in using both at the same time

(unless your favorite application doesn't run on your favorite OS or something).

Exactly why people dual boot. I use Ubuntu as my primary operating system simply because it is easier and more efficient. I used windows XP for years but switched when I was finally fed up with its instability and poor resource control (Plus, I love compiz eye candy :3). I still keep my windows install on a separate partition and boot into it as needed. App is windows only? Try wine. App doesn't work right in wine? Use virtualbox. App doesn't work in that for some reason? Gotta boot into window$.

Why do people have Mac's and PC's?

Because they do different things.

Why do people use Linux and Windoze, because they do different things.

I run Linux on one HDD and Windows on another HDD, windows is for gaming and my Linux is for everything else.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...