Network setup help

Juzzyx

Okay, I'm trying to set up a network for off line gaming, i drew a little picture of the setup i would like.

I drew this setup and i would like My computer to be able to share its internet connect with the laptop, I have successfully got connect from the router to the computer but I'm stumped on how to share the connection to the laptop without disabling the internet all together :(

Note im running 2 different cards,

SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC #2

May anyone help me with this problem?

post-11292-1215336335_thumb.jpg

Why are you not using the router as the gateway?

Modem > Router > PC1 & Laptop.

If you do not want the laptop on the internet, your router probably has advanced features to disable access to certain IP's, MAC addresses, or ports.

OR

Modem > Computer

Router > Computer & Laptop, but put both computer and Laptop into the LAN ports with nothing in the WAN port. Disable ICS (if enabled) on the computer.

I want the laptop to have internet connect, we dont have the laptop connect to the router as we want to share connect through the computer and laptop because the router gets turned off and we still wish to share connectivity

Ah! I understand now.

This may be a bit difficult to explain, but it should be possible.

Modem > Router > PC > Laptop.

Have the modem supply the router with internet. Have the router connect to PC via a straight-thru network cable. Then run a crossover cable from the 2nd network connection on the PC to the laptop. You will need ICS enabled to do this.