Can you beat this waste????

Guest LB

Can anyone beat this rather criminal waste of resources????

I work for one of the countries largest retailers and within one of our stores some 18 months ago a 1mb/s ADSL line was installed. This was then run to an ethernet hub with the full intention of linking to some computers to create a display using the internet.

Two days ago, a bill was recieved from BT for this line (obviously not the first, but the first that i have seen) which has remained unused since installation..........unfortunately they declined my offer to run a cable the 5 miles to my house so i could use it and stop them wasting money.

For some reason, the powers that be have now decided to e-mail BT Openworld and get the line disconnected...can't think why?!!!

mm, maybe i should have added that bit....the ADSL line has not actually been used once. The ethernet hub was installed and then forgotten about.......

(the offer still stands to run a cable to my house though)

I'd love broadband. However, it's not going to happen at my local exchange for years. I've registered my interest - and I also registered my dog, Lucy. How many interested people do they need before they decide to rig out the exchange? More than two, I suppose! :blink:

i just wish that my budget was that of my employers, i too could waste all that bandwidth then....i also wish that my mrs would say yes, just once....its only a little bit of money each month.....what do i have to do?????

trust me, tried grovelling, even resorted to the desparate measure of letting her use the home shopping sites to show her how slow those pictures are to load...it nearly worked to until she saw the shopping bill that she had just run up..

Anymore reasons gratefully accepted