internet explorer help!

hippychick

I recently got a virus through bebo but managed to delete it using Malwarebytes.

However this virus has stopped me from being able to use internet explorer, I am however still connected to the internet so using firefox.

Whenever when I load IE i am displayed with this message:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

when i try and diagnose connection problem it says "go.microsoft.com is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer"

if I click verify the current proxy server configuration a window pops up with windows help and support.

but i do not know the address of a proxy server or what it does.

Please help as my computer now wont let me on msn or itunes music store :(

thank you

Hello Hippychick.

A proxy is a server (a computer system or an application program) that services the requests of its clients by forwarding requests to other servers.

Further information:

Wiki Article (Proxy)

Anyway, it might have changed your Windows Firewall settings...

Go to the exceptions options in the Windows Firewall and make sure IE is allowed to access the internet.

Also, I'd recommend if you're getting stuff like this trying Spybot S&D because it has an "Immunization" scanner which scans your internet browsers to check for any vulnerabilities in them and then "immunizes" them which is basically "sorts them out", also FF has an add-on or extension which you can block scripts off certain sites. I can't think what it's called but it has scripts in the name, try using it for Bebo.

I don't see how you have gotten a virus from a Bebo page though, the only JavaScript that they allow is pop-ups which I thought that was even blocked (or is that Myspace?)

Can you get stuff that's malicious to download onto your PC in another scripting language other than JS does anyone know?

I know I ain't a mod or anything - but since I've been here a while now, can I do the welcoming for someone? :D

One person? ;)

FF has an add-on or extension which you can block scripts off certain sites. I can't think what it's called but it has scripts in the name, try using it for Bebo.

Can you get stuff that's malicious to download onto your PC in another scripting language other than JS does anyone know?

The Firefox add-on is called No-Scripts & I've been using it for about a month on this laptop (not the desktop that just crashed). Very useful & tells you exactly what you are allowing or not allowing, but takes up a whole bar across the bottom of the screen. Only works with FF.

According to Trend Micro, other scripts are vulnerable to exploitation: http://us.trendmicro.com/us/threats/enterp...lware/index.php, so for surfing I now always use Firefox.