Mindverse -ultra light desktop search

Charles

Mindversed is a new desktop search application, designed to be ultra light & fast, with music/album listing, quick file searching, and photo album visualizing capabilities.

Why use Mindverse?

Ultra light, easy to use, and installs in about 10 clicks, or less.

Find files on your hard drive. Quick search allows you to easily search your computer by name, folder, album, or any other meta-information.

Browse your music collection. Automatic organisation provides you a list of discovered artists, and albums residing on your hard drive, giving you instant access to all your favourite music.

The built-in Photo album -with thumbnail views- allows quick access to all of your photos, and digital images, from a single, unified view.

Finally, you can also customize the resulting views, by adding, removing, and sorting by any column, or data associated with the results.

Mindverse is currently in beta stage, and free to download.

• 3 months later...

Dear WindowsForum users,

First of all, I'd like to announce, that we have a new beta of Mindverse Desktop Search available on http://www.mindversed.com/. This release contains numerous bug fixes, with some functionality extension.

To address the concerns from fellow forum members, there are a number of situations where MDS outperforms the standard built-in "desktop search" utility from MS:

-very lightweight, both in terms of indexing performance, and memory requirement -no more lagging in games, or other heavyweight operations due to indexing problems, and

-MDS also offers a number of file browsing / discovery functions not yet available in any of the major desktop search utilities -such as browsing by artist / album metatags, or document author. This allows you to rediscover all those forgotten things in your "_other_" directory, which you downloaded the other day, but haven't got around yet :)

We are currently offering 10 lifetime licenses of MDS for reviewers, who provides the most usefull, and constructive feedback on the software's functionality, and general direction (send it to [removed])! So, go ahead, try it out.

Regards,

Charles

Actually I am currently looking for a new desktop search.

I have used Copernic for many years, but after the latest version upgrade, it would simply no longer index anything. It was constantly "waiting for resources".

I finally got rid of Copernic, then tried the new Windows Desktop Search 4. It is unusable! I couldn't find how to stop it from indexing Outlook. In fact, I have no idea what it was indexing, and what it was not. I had to get rid of it too.

I am going to give this desktop search a try.