FileSort

Slyke

Snippet from the site:

Do you have a folder on your computer with thousands and thousands of random files in it?

I do.

I have a folder called “Inbox” on my computer, where I put all the files I download from the Internet and all the files I get from LAN Parties. Pictures, MP3s, Movies and that sort of thing.

It’s a big job sorting that folder.

To make the job easier, I have created FileSort.

FileSort is a FREE program helps you organise a messy folder.

Link: FileSort

It could do with a load of more features, but this is the best FREE one I've found so far.

Anyone else have better suggestions?

I have a folder on my C drive labelled 'Digital photos'. It contains all the photos that I have taken since I had my camera. I divide it into labelled sub folders, all labels are descriptive. So far there are 65 sub folders all showing under one another. Dead easy, no need for a program. :D

That is true, but this is useful when using either MSN, or Firefox and downloading/receiving files. This helps organize the files into folder structures automatically (I'd have something like a cron running it once a day, for files that are over a day old) moving compressed files into one folder, pictures into another, etc etc.

It could also be a good backup tool if it could copy the same files to multiple directories. This program has a lot of potential :).

That's an awesome amount of pictures have there! Good job, lol.