PCA Forum

Guest northamuk

Guest northamuk

Since I have resigned my membership I don't feel that I am constrained by so-called loyalty to a site which, quite frankly, I really enjoyed. My reason for leaving might appear trivial or even childish, make up your own mind, I stick by my decision, if you're interested my reason is here http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm/go/di...71075/forumid/1

I'm not so much annoyed at the reply to me, more in the generally dictatorial attitude which seems to prevail now, a sort of 'don't dare criticize or question anything'.

I realise that they provide the site (as does Craig) but perhaps they have lost sight of the fact that it is only because of the MEMBERS who actually post there that they have, in fact, got anything at all.

I have noticed recently that they seem to have fewer postings from stalwarts who were the backbone of the site, this is sad but not, considering their attitude towards critiscism, surprising.

I am not suggesting that anyone else should follow my example and leave PCA, but perhaps PCA should take a long hard look at what they want to achieve. It's all very well to point out the commercial viability of a site with (allegedly) 80.000 plus members (the envy of the industry! (allegedly)) it is another thing to treat the Registered Users of said site with contempt. Without the Registered Users they have nothing but a Website.

End of Rant! :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your spot on mate with your observation which is something on the increase on pca, i think these self appointed jumped up legislators need a kick up the you know what to bring them in line with the real world.thank-goodness that alternatives are around like this site ,and lets protect it from going down the same road. ;)

Guest northamuk

Actually, I should have mentioned that mine was not the only thread querying the usefulness of the Search facility, jazzypop had one (opened long before) and it is probably still ignored.

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Oh-boy...you are a BIG-MAN!!!

PCA seem to think they are ABOVE their loyal readers.They are sooooo wrong.

The loyal readers are what makes/made them.

I think that PCA as a web-forum has got it all wrong.

The FE's attitude to well respected posters was disgracefull in that link Northamuk.He shows no respect or friendliness whatsoever.

I too will ask to be deleted from the database as a mark of respect and brotherhood.

Regards.

Shirl.

Hi Jim

Short answer is downhill and very quickly. As you and others made plain the Search facility is an absolute joke and simply doesn't work, consequently noone uses it and the same old questions get asked time after time - and frankly I can't be bothered to reply.

Since the Christmas downtime there's been an large increase in what, rightly or wrongly, I consider the 'undesirable' element and a steady decrease in participation by old friends and sparring partners so that the fun element has largely disappeared and after all that's why we do it.

I'm not particularly confident that PCA will be able to rectify things as there does appear to be a real cash shortage - a situation not helped by the magazine having deteriorated so badly that I gave up buying it months ago as it contains so little of interest.

I'm certainly looking around for a viable alternative but have yet to find one.

Regards

Guest PC Eejit

Northamuk (check your PMs) - don't worry, you have done nothing wrong. Shirl is allowed to make his own mind up here - unlike other forums......

:ph34r:

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
Shirl, that was not what I intended.

LOL dude.....I'm the master of bans.....I've been banned from PCA forum around 15 times.

Please give me the dignity of banning myself for a GOOD cause....The forum is going downhill fast.

I'd rather jump than drown :D

Guest northamuk

Leo49, I fully understand that they may have a cash flow problem but they also have a Public Relations problem which is LOTS bigger.

And I do like the EDIT facility here, LOL

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Forget-me-not Fri, 17.01.03 | 01:24

FE could you please delete me from the database.

I no longer get the feeling of friendship around here following the demise of the Gamesroom!

Cheers.

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Yay !!! 5 years online and I just got my 1st attempted virus.

Unfortunately AVG picked it up and killed it......It was quite exciting!!!!!!!!

Woo Yay!!!

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

This was an attack on my private e-mail account...not Hotmail or Yapoo,a first for me,although AVG6 kicked it's ass into touch.

I've always longed for a virus attack as I thought they were legendary...as it happens they are pretty boring! <_<

Guest spikeychris

northamuk

I appreciate your anger and disappointment at the lack of response from PCA but I ask you to re-consider. Your advice there is valued by everyone and it would be a waste of resources. Thats the sensible typing out of the way >> what I'm really saying is come back, there are not enough of us left who can post and have a giggle at the same time, what are we going to be left with? (Leo49 and his dictionary!!) ;o)

Chris

the search function has not worked for a while now,what is the forum editior's problem,seems very stressed someone asks a reasonable question and he takes it as a attack on himself,maybe everyone there is under pressure but there sure not helping to keep members and if there upset enough to leave the site they also may stop buying the mag,sad is'nt it.

Guest northamuk

:( What really ticked me off was the insulting way that the Forum Editor (in his non-answer) more or less accused me of inciting a 'minor revolt'.

I think that the reason they refuse to answer why the Search facility doesn't work is that someone has botched the downgrade.

If they wait long enough (without answering) maybe they think that the problem will go away!