Trend Micro HouseCall 7

When I checked, the scan had already finished. I ran it again and it completed in well under one minute. Can it possibly be through in this short space of time? :D

Not possible. From these 2 posts there's obviously something wrong at the website. Best to wait a couple of days.

P.S. I sometimes wonder what would happen if any of these on-line scanners got hacked? Bearing in mind that we make everything on our computers available to these scanners, it hardly bears thinking about... :0

I was able to successfully run it on my office desktop computer. The scan ran for about 11 minutes.

Andsome, did you actually see the scan progressing?

post-1524-1244434931_thumb.png

Theoretically, with a new and pretty fast computer, and not too many programs installed, I can imagine that it could complete within one minute. Can you try it again, and watch the progress this time?

Maybe you should just try it?

Well I did & the scan took exactly 3 minutes.

I'm even more astonished! Users should note that this version 7 is still in Beta (i.e. it's still under test). We need to know how reliable it's findings are. I've been searchiing for some tests on it but haven't come across any yet. Anyone else found anything?