Installing Windows XP on Acer aspire 2930z

Hello,

Sir I have an acer aspire 2930z (notebook) with 320 GB Hard disk drive, 4 GB of RAM.

The problem is when I start the installation of Windows XP using it's bootable CD, it loads the file (blue screen) and then it gives me an error saying that can't continue the setup because there is some virus in your computer please remove... etc.

Well as my friend told me that there is some problem with my hard disk. it doesn't support the setup. Is it so? Can any one please help me. If you guys really wana see the error tell me I will get your a snap of it.

Thank you very much i want to install xp on my laptop for some stuff that is not possible in vista and 7 yet.

Thank you very much,

Faisal :)

Removing a stick of RAM may help get you going. 32 bit systems have a 3GB RAM limit.

Is the XP disk a full retail version or a commercial recovery disk/OEM type?

Is the drive clean or does it already have an operating system/other data on it?