Problems connecting to the internet wirelessly

burnsie

Hello.

Just moved house and had to move internet providers from Sky to Virgin Media

Trying to get online and I installed the software virgin supplied. That got me online, but now it keeps logging me off and when I try to fix the problem (normally by right clicking on the connection icon in the system tray in the bottom right corner and going to “repair”) it says it cannot renew my IP address.

Now, I’ve had this problem before with Sky, so know it’s not a router location/signal strength issues, but forgot how i overcame it :blink:

Its either that Windows is not managing my connection properly (although I have now uninstalled the virgin software) or I have to mess around putting in my own IP address.

Any ideas on how to do the above, and any other suggestions?

Many thanks

B

I use Virgin via cable. I never use any software I just set up the account by hand. Are you on cable? The modem they supplied me does not need software. The engineer put it in and telephoned the office with the serial numbers etc and they connected remotely. When I had my new computer, I just configured by hand the same as always. :D