How to get remote Win7 system to wake up Win7 "server"?

Techjunkiewest

Please - I really need some help on this.

Just finished doing two "bare metal" installs of Windows 7, one of which acts as a server, the other as a remote user. Both machines go into "hybrid sleep" beautifully. I have "wake up on lan" working properly on the server because I can manually send a "magic packet" from the remote system and it wakes up. Users on the remote Win 7 systems have mapped drives to the server. I want the server to wake up when any remote user logs onto his/her system. I don't want them to have to run a separate program to make this happen.

I had this working with my XP home network. The "server" would wake up when any user logged on to the remote system. When all remote users shut down their systems, the server would go back to sleep.

How can I get the remote Windows 7 system to automatically send a magic packet when any user logs into his/her computer?

Thanks.

There are tools which count the number of users, however you'd probably need to setup a daemon, to 'sleep' the computer when there are no users logged into the Server.

Also, look into command-line packet-crafters, create a batch program or script which can execute the magic packet, ending with the launch of a .RDP file or mstsc with variables.