Thunderbird problems

gordythegouge

Can anyone help? I've recently purchased a Windows 7 laptop. I used the easytransfer system to get most of my files etc.,

onto the new machine. I upgraded to the latest version of Thunderbird. I think it was working OK but the last couple of days I keep getting this message when I try to send ane-mail.

'Sending of message failed.

The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server smtp.mail.yahoo.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again or contact your network administrator.'

Scratching my head here as how to solve it as it appears to download messages no problem! It's a bit of a bind having to go to my webmail service first to upload anything I want to send!

Any help gratefully accepted.

:flowers:

Not sure if I can help yet but I was having problems with sending and found that it was due to it was using my name and password as the authentication key. Can't give details because I've just killed TB 3 and am at this very moment trying TB 2.0.0.23 downloaded from the earlier versions on the TB site. Looks better, even got the disc space folder that was missing before. Not hijacking this thread but it may help. So if anyone has my email addy would they help by sending a message - friendly ones please.

Thanks for all the help! I think I've actually done everthing here but this version of Thunderbird seems to be a bit flaky to say the least and I think I may be saying cheerio to it very soon! I just haven't the time to play about with it just now!

Thanks everyone

And a Merry Xmas when it comes!

Gordy

:)