YahooBB internet + Phone not working

raziiq

Hi there.

I live in Japan, just bought a YahooBB ADSL package. As with the ADSL you need to have a phone line to make internet work. So the modem for YahooBB gets a Phone Line(xxxx4615) in it and the internet is working great for me.

But the problem is i cant access the Phone No whos line is connected to YahooBB Modem. I can access only Phone or Internet at a time. I have got this Splitter that splits my Main Phone Line into two outputs, so one cable goes to Modem and one goes to the telephone set, but with this configuration, Only phone works and internet doesnt work. However if i connect the Main line to my modem without connecting the splitter the internet works fine.

Any suggestions on how to use the internet and Phone on the same line?

Is it a splitter or a filter you are using?

With BB it is necessary to install a filter on the phone part of the setup to remove the high frequency digital signal which is present when BB is connected.

Is it a splitter or a filter you are using?

With BB it is necessary to install a filter on the phone part of the setup to remove the high frequency digital signal which is present when BB is connected.

No i am using Splitter, like this

0712349.jpg

What filter are you talking about? A little more detail on it will be much appreciated

In the UK a filter looks like this: http://www.jpgelectronics.com/products.asp?partno=PG280C

It is almost certain the fittings in Japan are different to the UK but it does explain a little about what is required.

ɹəuəllıʍ ʇɐb is based in Japan. He may be able to give to more local information. Most likely he will be on line soon.

I used NTT Flets ADSL before, and I had a splitter, similarly what you showed in your earlier post. One way went into the router, the other to the phone.

Now I have a fiber optics line (NTT Hikari Flets Next), and all - phone, computers - are connected to the new router.

In the UK a filter looks like this: http://www.jpgelectronics.com/products.asp?partno=PG280C

It is almost certain the fittings in Japan are different to the UK but it does explain a little about what is required.

ɹəuəllıʍ ʇɐb is based in Japan. He may be able to give to more local information. Most likely he will be on line soon.

thanks for that link, that gave me a little idea about how a filter looks like

I used NTT Flets ADSL before, and I had a splitter, similarly what you showed in your earlier post. One way went into the router, the other to the phone.

Now I have a fiber optics line (NTT Hikari Flets Next), and all - phone, computers - are connected to the new router.

thanks for the reply. As i described in my earlier post that splitter is not working with YahooBB ADSL, either the internet works or the Telephone, both are not working simultaneously, so as some other guys suggested, i think i need a filter, whats your say on this?

BTW i did a PM to you