NTSD does not generate dump

Maanu

Hi,

I have configured NTSD to generate application dump. I have an application named App1. The NTSD did not generate the crash dump when App1 was crashed once (App1 was running continuously for more than 4 days). When I checked the system, another application was using more than 200000 handles due to a handle leak. Will this result in NTSD prevent from generating crash dump?

Thanks,

Manu

Hi John,

Thank You John.

App1 is a c++ DCOM application. The second application is a .Net application. This application did not release .Net AutoResetEvent objects, which resulted in the handle leak.

Can you explain the reason for not generating the dump file when the handle usage is very high?

Thanks,

Manu

Can you explain the reason for not generating the dump file when the handle usage is very high?

No. It's your personal debug. If you are going to write in C++ you must learn how to debug it otherwise you are going to be leaning on other people "Forever" to fix your stuff.

I gave you a link on January 12th: ** Here **

I did say before:

It is not always easy for us to be able to answer questions about "In House" application developments. Sometimes we can only point people in the right direction and hope their skills keep pace with their speed of learning. (January 11th 2010)

John.

Hi John,

I am sorry. :( . I think my posts confused you.. I am still diagonising the c++ application for the crash. My concern was why NTSD did not generate dump when the C++ application was crashed (Its handle usage was less than 1000). I have posted the questions to understand whether I have to take any extra measures whith NTSD to generate crash dump when the resource usage (handle usage) of the OS is very high. We have been trying to identify reason for the crash of the c++ application since Jan. So I installed NTSD to get the crash dump.. Unfortunately NTSD did not generate the dump when the c++ application crashed(It was running for 4 days in the client machine before crashing).. Anyway I have started the c++ application after fixing the leaks in the .Net application and hope that NTSD will generate dump when the c++ app crashes again.

Once again I am sorry...

:)

Thanks,

Manu

Answers given are for many times of a holistic nature in the way in which they are thought out and presented.

Perhaps to present the person before a mirror?

Truly for the first time to see themselves as others see them.

"Once again I am sorry..."

No need to apologise........ Just move on. See a movie, read a book, leave computers alone for the time being.

" We have been trying to identify reason for the crash "

Leave it, - and let the "We" part of the partnership investigate the problem, instead of yourself. Put yourself in the position of superiority, sit back. Delegate.

Put the other part of "We" forward more to do the leg work.

In a short time you will see the sort of growth that makes you money and unties you from having to post questions on forums to get answers.

Ask yourself the question: "Do I wish to remain where I am, or get to the level of someone as brilliant as John (Maneman) ?

The autograph hunters are a pain............ But the money is good. :P

John.