PCI simple comunications controller ~driver?

Alright first off, im sooo not a 'puter person so please take it easy on me guys! And Im on an old hooptie of a computer, dell latitude on windows 2000 pro.

K-so when I start my computer it says found new device. PCI simple communications controller.

So old a** puter getting slow,& genius I am... I unistalled some something I need

-Ya?

ran crapcleaner and the driver is gone.ie; not in the recycle bin.

So, please (and thank you) someone help me fix this old girl.

~can I reinstall something? anyone have a safe source?

~or is there a restore point or something I can get to, if so, how?!

ty!ty!ty!

!RightBrainedLady!

Alright first off, im sooo not a 'puter person so please take it easy on me guys! And Im on an old hooptie of a computer, dell latitude on windows 2000 pro.

K-so when I start my computer it says found new device. PCI simple communications controller.

So old a** puter getting slow,& genius I am... I unistalled some something I need

-Ya?

ty!ty!ty!

!RightBrainedLady!

If I have understood your question properly you may get help from this:-

/>http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=494

-Ya?

ty!ty!ty!

!RightBrainedLady!

Thanks catgate for the quick reply!

K- so I have to open up the laptop to find the mother board-?!

o_O

quote from Driver Guide; "This is not a modem issue. Most PCs have three or more PCI slots. The modem may be your only PCI device so you think you have a modem problem. It is really a PCI to mother board problem. Contact the motherboard maker. Microsoft has dropped the ball in both Win XP and Win 2000 by not providing drivers for the PCI controller. You will need to get them from the motherboard maker. Look for a brand and model on the board then contact the maker."

yikes, I see a screw driver in my future...

many thanks.

it woulsd appear that this is a problem with the dial-up modem chip in your laptop ?

If you use dial-up then it needs resolving.

If you do not use dial-up then you can just disable the item in your Device Manager - it should have a yellow "shriek" against it.