Windows 7 internet connection

jmaster18

I recently installed windows 7 on my computer in which I also run Vista.I noticed some internet speed problems when I use windows 7.There is nothing wrong with the internet connection as in vista it runs fine.When I try to download any kind of file directly the speed may gets up to 600 KB/s but then I can do nothing else related to the internet. I cannot start a second download because it will run with at most 10 KB/s and I cant even load a single website because the speed is very low.This does not happen at Vista.Also when I use utorrent for download in vista speed gets up to 570KB/s at most files but then I can also download a second file with a satisfyinng speed and can also surf the internet with no problems at all.But in windows 7 I can only wait for the download to finish in order to start a new one or visit a website.Is this a windows 7 problem or perhaps a software problem?I use Mozilla firefox to browse the internet in both operating systems I also use utorrent 2.0.2 in both operating systems.The only difference is the security program, in Vista I use AVG Internet Security 9 While in 7 I use Gdata total care 2010.

I tried AVG but nothing happened the problem continues to exist.I also tried not to have any internet security program installed but it wasnt the solution to my problem.I re-installed G-Data.Suddenly the problem was solved after running a wizard from my modem\router website.I am not sure if it solved the problem but it was solved.I hope it wont happen again.I t was wierd.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Absolutely right... Diagnose a laptop's slow Internet connection using tools built into the Microsoft Windows 7 environment. Slow Internet access leads to such problems as lost data and video buffering issues. Not only does the built-in diagnostic tool help identify the cause of a slow Internet connection; it can help fix the underlying reason for it as well. With a few relevant computer skills, run the Windows 7 network diagnostic tool and correct any problems that arise...