Going to Install Win 7 from previous OS but...

tennisball

Where did you obtain the ISO from? - if it is not from Microsoft - but a cheap and dodgy third party download - you are heading for problems.

If you did obtain from the official Microsoft download site....This may help

I am not aware that you can install the ISO from the same hard drive - I have installed Windows 7 onto netbooks using an external USB DVD drive. This might be the easiest way for you.

I'm going to be installing from an ISO since I lack a large flash drive and a DVD drive. I'm just wondering if by installing from my C drive with the ISO everything will be deleted.

A very novel idea,indeed!Radical,even.

I suggest making a System Image for backup just in case....

Let us know how it goes. ;)

I am not aware that you can install the ISO from the same hard drive - I have installed Windows 7 onto netbooks using an external USB DVD drive. This might be the easiest way for you.

I think that this suggestion given by AlanHo is a wise choice.

Where did you obtain the ISO from? - if it is not from Microsoft - but a cheap and dodgy third party download - you are heading for problems.

If you did obtain from the official Microsoft download site....This may help

Installation worked fine. I used a pirated copy of Win 7 since I'm a student and money is hard to come by :P

There was the option in the installation to copy Windows XP docs/etc and put it in a Windows.old folder. I just have to avoid one specific update and I'm good.

Edit: One more thing. Right after installation Windows was kinda "buggy." I couldn't right click on the desktop and pretty slow in general. A restart fixed all of my problems though.