Proxycfg

Iny111

Hi there and welcome.

The only reason for your question would be to remove ProxyCfg.exe

To do this you must delete the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections\WinHttpSettings

To further your knowledge of ProxyCfg **Microsoft Technet** have excellent search facilities, and also a forum where you can question the Microsoft "Techies".

The site can be a bit of a maze to find your way around, and the answers on the forum a little slow in coming at times.

However. On this pathway I can promise that your knowledge of ProxyCfg.exe will multiply tenfold.

As your quest is for knowledge, I can only see this as being advantageous to you.

John.

Hi there and welcome.

The only reason for your question would be to remove ProxyCfg.exe

To do this you must delete the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections\WinHttpSettings

To further your knowledge of ProxyCfg **Microsoft Technet** have excellent search facilities, and also a forum where you can question the Microsoft "Techies".

The site can be a bit of a maze to find your way around, and the answers on the forum a little slow in coming at times.

However. On this pathway I can promise that your knowledge of ProxyCfg.exe will multiply tenfold.

As your quest is for knowledge, I can only see this as being advantageous to you.

John.

OK, seems that something is wrong with system because when I defined proxycfg -p "proxy1" "bypass_proxy" it wasn't saved into registry in path you wrote.

Exists some command for reset winhttp/proxy setttings ?

Yes Indeed.

John.

Simply, when I issue command on computer1 - proxycfg -p "proxyIP1" "BypassIP1" I see that into registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections\ was added a key WinHttpSettings.

But on another computer2 when I issue same command the key wasn't created. So something is wrong on system but I don't know to what is proxycfg related to. What/how needs to be cleared/reset to be everything OK like on computer1.

That is correct. Congratulations, you seem to have a firm grasp of the situation now.

The pathway leading you to deleting the registry key:

Now empowers you with the knowledge that: To clear the registry entries that ProxyCfg.exe creates, you must delete the WinHttpSettings value from the above registry key.

Furthermore, you have now seen that the removal of this key removes all proxy configurations.

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Your original question was: - "Where the proxycfg command save its configuration ?"

By process of elimination you have now proved to yourself that by the removal of the registry key, the configuration has also disappeared. Therefore your primary question, - ("Where the proxycfg command save its configuration ?") has now been answered by your own goodself.

With this new-found knowledge of the storage location of ProxyCfg.exe configuration you may now move forwards on your pathway to the annals of Mr Bill Gates (Praise his name) and to the "Halls of Learning" named Technet where even more good things may be discovered concerning ProxyCfg.exe.

A lot of writing from left to right of the pages has passed since I gave you the key to the Halls.(As is our custom)

Here it is once again:

** Microsoft Technet **

I am pleased that you have solved the answer to your primary question.

alladyn.gif