Easeus Data Recovery Wizard 5.0.1

bludgard

You can't better an up-to-date full system backup and a program such as Second Copy.

Quite right.

I was going to reimage my Windows C: the other day and I wanted to clean it first because of MBR corruption and a couple of other issues.I chose the disk to clean and half way through I realized that I had chosen disk 1 (external backup device):0 instead of disk 0 (where Windows C: had it's partition).:censored: :censored: :censored:

I got an image back,but it was the 50GB of video and 20GB of music of the wife's that had been downloaded and secreted stored away for safe keeping that was irreplaceable.Turns out I got it all back because I chose to put the backup partition at the end of the external disk,just to safeguard against this type of thing.Glad I didn't take the nap I wanted to.

Diskpart left noting on the disk where it had cleaned.

I tried a few programs...

Recuva recovered some files but the .png,.jpeg,.AVI,and the Mp3 files weren't functional.Along with a bunch of other garbage.

Easeus Data Recovery found and recovered a lot also.Mostly useable as well.

TestDisk recovered everything in working order.I had to reconvert the audio bitrate on about a third of the .AVI files because they had changed and would't play sound on WMP.I did this with AVC and it worked a charm.Quick as well.

It's great to have backups.If I can just keep them safe from myself....