Keep losing connection literally

Lamb Chop

I have been having problems since December - and they vary but I think most of it comes back to connections. Now I usually boot up and leave it to do its thing - update anti virus and SAS.

I am running now faster than before using D Link DSL 200 modem which is 7 years old and maybe as I am now running at around 7.2 mbps when I started off with this modem at 1500/264 it could be the modem which is the problem.

I lose the whole connections. Click on and blank window but connected. Weird. Over the time several programs have been problematic but every time it comes back to connections.

I also couldn't get on here for days - kept getting 404. Got here via Google in the end.

But most other sites available. Some others not so have deleted and rebook marked today here. May be corrupted on my book marks.

have run all anti virus and SAS and Malabytes and also have Spyware Blaster and Winpatrol and running XP Home 32 bit Service Pack 3 all updated and patched. No problems except usual which is key for auto updates is bad and disabled.

Also having problems on reboot on updating SAS to 4.48.1000 since 15th Jan. But maybe connections.

I rang local store and they havent got a modem in stock suitable they said - having a look a I asked for

DSL526B which is up to 24 mbps and should be okay and seeing as I have ethernet port because I have that on connections as Lan/Fast Broadband should be okay but not one available. suggested a Netgear but no details and stocktaking so not very interested. typical Tasmania - a customer is a real nuisance always butting in!

OK John - it certainly repaired my auto downloads - which must help as the computer has been unstable a long time and always felt it would improve if I could just get this bad key sorted.

I have yet to try it on connections because it booted up fine today - no problems at all - yet!

So will keep it for day I lose connections once again. Bit scared to do it as it says dont unless not working and working today.

Thanks for that .:flowers:

Mind you before I shut it down last night I exited SAS just in case and today it is nagging to update but trying to catch up. I did put a query on SAS to see if any one else was having problems with their latest update - found one there already but for a laptop.

Hi Lambchop, - Good.

Let's hope your problem is cured.

Dont forget also that bad connections can occur outside of the home.

You can complain to your Internet Service Provider, (ISP) and to the telephone line provider.

That is probably not the case at the moment, but is useful to remember before you start to throw money at a problem in future situations. :)

John.

• Upvote 1

Hi Lambchop, - Good.

Let's hope your problem is cured.

Dont forget also that bad connections can occur outside of the home.

You can complain to your Internet Service Provider, (ISP) and to the telephone line provider.

That is probably not the case at the moment, but is useful to remember before you start to throw money at a problem in future situations. :)

John.

So what you are saying in essense is that because I am connecting and everything is running fine - and it is so far yesterday and today - I do not need to go and buy another modem? Running currently at 7.3mbps and usually around that.

DLink DSL 200 is my modem version 3 and around 7 years old. Got it when first went onto broadband from dial up.