Please Help!!!!

PosingOwl

First off I would like to say thanks for reading this and for any help given....

Now, yesterday afternoon I found out that my email address was hacked into, including a number of other websites that I am a member of.... They disabled some sites to where I am not able to log in anymore.... They also got my account number to liberty reserve, paypal, and alertpay.... They are threating me, by saying that if I dont put money into those three processors, harm will come to me and my family....

He also said that he hacked into a database or something and he is doing the same to another 1000 people.... I guess he sent it to me from my own email account because i got a failure to send message with the previous message above in it.... I checked the IP addresses( there were 4) one came from romania, where he said he was from, two were from the US, and one did not show up....

Sorry for the long post but one more question.... Can you tell me what to do about this.... I was told to reformat the OS, but how can I do that? My father repaired this laptop and installed everything on it, he lives in Fl. and I in Germany....

Thanks for reading and for your future advice.... PosingOwl

P.S. I copied and pasted the email for you.... I also saw a name in my personal info, that I dont know, plus messenger with different name then mine....

hello Donald Goings...

I'm a hacker (from ROMANIA)

10 days ago i broke a database and i have over 1000 informed about all users i

see.

I see you are a Verified member ok alertpay/paypal dis is good man :)

I stopped what I liked

onbux

getref

and your yahoo'mail

now!!!

Let's do dis job quickly and simple.(if you try to block onbux,getref,AP/PP pass

or yahoo'mail or make a complaint of the list that you read I'll be very upset)

believe me man :)

put $50 in this account...

put $50 in this account...

or

put $100 in this account...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Any complaint you do i will see,be smart!

-------------------------------------------------------------

only good PosingOwl

:welcomewf:

Firstly: As you reside in Germany contact the Bundespolizei

Here are links you may also find useful:

/>http://germanway.franglo.com/classifieds/modules.php?mod=Extra_Pages&pg=fraud

/>http://www.fraud.org/

/>http://escrow-fraud.com/

I have mailed a copy of this scam to: http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/

They will no doubt be checking on the authenticity.

I have at least started the ball rolling for you. The consequences are now in your hands.

John.

• Upvote 1

Thanks fir the feedback.... my wife contacted the police station in a town nearby (since our town is too small) and they said that the person who does the Cyber Crime is sick.... We are suppose to call them again in a few days....

What am I suppose to do about my laptop.... Was told by a few ppl that I will have to reinstall the OS to make sure that the hacker cannot get access again.... Is this correct or did I misunderstand them.... I ran Spybot and CC Cleaner, changed my passwords and I notified my payment processors.... What else should I do????

Thanks,

PosingOwl

The best, really, is to let the police handle this.

Regarding reinstalling the OS; I wouldn't do that, as it would destroy all the evidence, e.g. the originating IP addresses of the email messages you received.

I would immediately contact PayPal and other similar institutions, and have them close your accounts.

The question really is: how did they get the passwords to all these accounts? Did you give it to them (e.g. by replying to "phishing" messages), or did they really hack into your computer? (Which means that you don't have a firewall to protect your computer.)

My advice: keep the computer turned off until the police gives you specific instructions.

I do not know how.... I do not respond to any emails.... I am aware of phishing, I did not give out my password to anyone, but in my email account i have a few emails from some of my accounts....

They already got me suspended from a site that I am a member of.... I did a sweep of my files and I found like 200 something files were corrupt.... I fixed them all....

My wife thinks that it was this guy that her and her friend were making fun of.... He supposedly hacked into my wifes friends laptop before(or was it just facebook)

Thanks for your reply.... Like I said I have to wait a few days before I can get in touch with the cyber crime department, the guys sick and we live in a small area....

I am no an expert on "hacking" nor will I claim to be.

However,this does not seem to be a case of a "hacker" to me.More along the lines of a strong-arm coersion.I will explain....

If you were truly "hacked",you would not be told about it or contacted (unless you are dealing with a very ignorant "hacker")-which there aren't any.You would find out about it the next time you visited your favorite ATM to make a withdrall and instead of the macine dispensing money,you would get a message that your account has been overdrawn or some such thing.Follow the logic trail...?

It seems to me that you have shared some vital knowledge with someone close to you that you trust implicitly and they have betrayed your trust by passing on this knowledge to some other(s) with the intent to hustle you.Or possibly someone looking over your shoulder as you browse on your machine.Or has acess to your machine.I will not be suprised to hear that after the investigation is completed -by competent detectives-that it was in fact someone you knew who has put you out to dry.:angry:

Please do not go about treating everyone that you hold dear as a common thief,that would be counter productive.Hold your cards closer to your chest in the future with this intimate knowledge,though.

EDIT:A lengty corporate page on "hackers" that applies to all....http://www.scribd.com/doc/2336445/common-hacking-methods

Thanks for the Reply, but I am afraid that you are wrong.... One, I do not get online anywhere, the only time is at home.... Wife doesn't know my password and my kids are too young.... Two, I think it came from the owner of a website called Buxona which became a scam PTC site.... I also invested into the site from Liberty Reserve (one of the payments processors that I was suppose to out money in it for them).... Don't really know, but am guessing at this point.... The owner is from Romania and the so called hacker was from Romania....

Like I said, Thanks for the Replies

PosingOwl