IE displays full site html_firefox doesn't and acting weird

shokan

If IE displays the YouTube site (as an example) fine, but Firefox isn't in the past hour, where does the problem lie? The Firefox display issue coincides with slower time (as just one example) for a blinking cursor prompt to appear in a field to type in when I click in it, gmail won't load as full html (may be separate issue), and a problem a few days ago with Firefox not remembering my zoom settings when it has always had no problem doing so. The zoom setting thing is what made me uninstall Firefox and reinstall it two days ago. Something ain't quite right with Firefox.

edit: in the last sentence above, I needed to add a space between 'right' and 'with' and after I pressed the spacebar it took a good two seconds for the space to display. This is similar to the blinking cursor prompt lagginess I mentioned above....all happening just in the past few days. No such performance issues in IE. BTW, both browsers are up to date, and I haven't messed with any settings as far as I know for months.

If IE displays the YouTube site (as an example) fine, but Firefox isn't in the past hour, where does the problem lie? The Firefox display issue coincides with slower time (as just one example) for a blinking cursor prompt to appear in a field to type in when I click in it, gmail won't load as full html (may be separate issue), and a problem a few days ago with Firefox not remembering my zoom settings when it has always had no problem doing so. The zoom setting thing is what made me uninstall Firefox and reinstall it two days ago. Something ain't quite right with Firefox.

edit: in the last sentence above, I needed to add a space between 'right' and 'with' and after I pressed the spacebar it took a good two seconds for the space to display. This is similar to the blinking cursor prompt lagginess I mentioned above....all happening just in the past few days. No such performance issues in IE. BTW, both browsers are up to date, and I haven't messed with any settings as far as I know for months.

Original poster again: Need to add that when trying to install Adobe Flash Player just now, it wouldn't because it says I need to close Firefox as a conflicting program. Only thing is, it IS closed. Could there be two instances of FF installed somehow? Program files shows just one.

edit: I just tried to uninstall Firefox and it propmted me to close it. But, it IS closed.

edit: OK, I found Firefox.exe as a hung process in Task Manager and ended it. Checked Youtube site, displays fine, Gmail display problem fixed now too and I assume I will no longer see the slow responses in display. It seems I may have fixed this.

What would cause a hung process?

Interesting that you have been having problems with Firefox recently - so have I - so much so that I've changed to different browsers as a tryout.

Regarding a hung process, there are so many things that could cause it that it's almost impossible to pinpoint a particular cause.

It's good that you've found it, though and you'll be prepared for the next time it happens.