Keyboard Shortcuts

Guest nellie2

I know........ lets start a thread where we can all add some favourite keyboard shortcuts.... that way we may all learn some new ones. What I would say is post a maximum of four at a time because if we get a big long list then people probably won't give them a go.

I will start with a couple of mine

Ctrl+C Copy

Ctrl+V Paste Try these two they are soooo handy,

Windows key + M will minimise all windows that are open!!!! :)

My other really favourite one is Alt+Tab which will move to the next open application.......... very handy if you happen to lose your task bar!!! :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nellie2

you pressed caps lock by mistake and because you aint clever like me and can watch your screen as you type you have managed to type half a page in the wrong case................BIG GROAN.

Never fear!! :D

Highlight the text and press shift and F3 and the text will change between upper, lower and title case. Neat.

ps... only works in word as far as I know but you can't have everything I suppose.

you pressed caps lock by mistake and because you aint clever like me and can watch your screen as you type you have managed to type half a page in the wrong case................BIG GROAN.

Never fear!! :D

Highlight the text and press shift and F3 and the text will change between upper, lower and title case.  Neat.

ps... only works in word as far as I know but you can't have everything I suppose.

i take it that this one was learnt through bitter experience......

a very good one, thanks nell.

Windows + E key to open Explorer a lot of the time.

Shift + Arrow keys to high light text, alot when i am typing, it saves going for the mouse.

F11 key to toggle full screen in IE

"Alt+Shift" to change keyboard input settings, ok that is very usfull for me as i use a German keyboard, so i need to do this to get the English £ and such things.

Ctrl+Z In many applications you can use to Undo, a very handy feature if you want to undo a lot of steps.

Tony