External Links

Makcalable

I have noticed that there are many external links that are referring people to other forums..... Now to me it does seem that people have clicked on these links to other forums and decided not to come back here.

I don't understand the method behind posting a link to another well known forum for tutorials and guides, you are just basically telling people to go elsewhere. I do not allow external links to other forums "unless" it is referring to an issue in question otherwise I would remove the links as this to me is classed as spam.

I remember this forum used to be jumping but I am guessing most of the members have jumped ship so to speak.

I am relatively new to Admin side of things but what I have learned in my short time running a forum is not to let people place links into threads or posts referring to other forums as this is not good for the forum. I have also found by keeping the forum active everyday by creating tutorials and guides of my own and also posting general chit chat and news articles because when people visit and see a forum is active they will more likely stay.

My forum has been active for 6 months now and already we have good place in the Google search and reasonable traffic and I put this down to keeping the forum active everyday.

Well that's my 2 cents ;-)

Since 2002 this Forum has run successfully under its Original Guidelines, No 8 of which states that :-

8) Do not post copyrighted articles from elsewhere on the Internet, post a link to the article instead, or alternatively place the article within a quote and state where the article has been obtained and provide a link to the original source.

I think that the full implications of copyright and the internet are not fully understood by the vast majority of peop1e.

Yes I saw... but that was besides the point I was mentioning, the fact instead of creating tutorials and guides someone has just decided to post a link to another forums Index full of tutorials.... there is nothing wrong in creating there own tutorials and posting them here as posting links to other forums kinda defeats the purpose a little. Just thought it was a bit odd that's all ;-)

Makcalable (Bugsy), I have a small issue for you.

As I signed up for your forum, with the confirmation e-mail was 6 additional spam e-mails sent. I know I do not have any boogiemen in mymachine, so any insight as to where they may have originated would be appreciated.

Hope all is well for you and everything works out.

:flowers:

edit:tippos

UPDATE:

Just to let you know we have checked Email system/ confirmation/spam cleaner system and it seems to be working correctly, so maybe it was just a glitch.... sorry buddy ;-)

No worries, Mak.

I ain’t afraid of a little spam. I just thought ituncharacteristic. I’ll stop by regardless. Hope you’ve got a bong or two layingabout….:D