Giving up and asking for help

doug

Bit of a saga so I'll cut it short. I have a website with TalkTalk - namely - http://www.johnchapman.talktalk.net/ Now when I was fit and stupid I did the Great North Run (4 times, in successive years) Wife and I went to Singapore but I picked up a bad dose of pneumonia on the return flight. Took over a year before I was fit enough to start running again. So I modified my site to just show the pictures I took in Singapore.

Now out of nostalgia I thought I'd read over what I had writted, diaster I've lost the backup of the site - re-writable CD has nothing on it :censored: so I thought the original files should still be on the site but I can't get into it. Have contacted TT who let me re-set the password and have tried using Filezilla but although I appear to log in all it shows is a file .ftpquota?size=16.ftpquota but nothing else. as you can see if you click on my website there is quite a bit in there. So this old duffer needs help, advice and suggestions - please

Yeah complete disaster. Looks as if I've lost all the pages that I had writted about my experiences of doing the Great North Run. Some of older folk may remember that I did 4 years on the trot and had been updating it espacially as some of the members had been sponsoring me. Long story I went to Singapore - with wife - and took lots of photographs. When we got back wasn't feeling too well but I updated the website with the photos and said the I would update the my experiences of that year's run. As I was changing my ISP from Plusnet to TalkTalk I downloaded the whole of my website for safety. Had quite a few delays getting on-line and really began to feel unwell. Wife said it was oriental manflue. Anyway after lots of courses of antibiotics had to submit to several tests and was told I had pneumonia. Rubbish I said I've the anti jab and that was guaranteed for 10 years. Ah but was the reply you've got a special strain! 12 months later I evetually started to get better. couldn't run for toffee. So decided to put the running on hold. In the meantime wife deteriorated a bit further, so she took priority. Just lately I realised that I was missing the well being feeling I had when running in the country and thought I would re-read my experiences. Then found I couldn't access my site, even though it is possible to see what was written I couldn't do any editting etc. To make things worse the backup disc I had used was a CDRW and it's not readable :censored: Also I can't find my hard copy of the files - only the Singapore experiences.So it has been said before - don't rely on RW's for archives. So unless I can access my site I've lost part of my life :wub:

To make things worse the backup disc I had used was a CDRW and it's not readable....

doug, TestDisk can recover files/folders/data/photos from RW disks. I just tried it on a couple I have lying about and the program worked fine. I suggest giving it a try....

If you need a little help figuring the program out, I'd be glad to lend a hand.;)