Windows 7 crashes with error Windows-Kernel-Power

hasaf

Hello everyone,

Here's the deal :

I was playing Crysis 2 on my new Alienware M17x R3 with famous AMD 6900M (as GPU-Z shows) and suddenly it crashed after 10 minutes of gameplay.

I first checked all "basic" stuff like Services running, error notifications, heating .. everything seemed normal.

I went to Windows event viewer and found out Kernel-Power error with Code 0.

check http://support.micro...b;en-US;2028504 for more information about this error type.

At the bottom of the page, you'll see what I illustrated in attached images - 5 possible causes.

Please check the images for all details.

This is really annoying when you think you can finally play and windows shuts down with no warning! but for a CRITICAL error :S

Help!

Thanks in advance!!

post-22072-0-85513200-1322332588_thumb.p

post-22072-0-44579100-1322332606_thumb.p

post-22072-0-72424600-1322332620_thumb.p

Thanks very much! Seems to work :)

I turned speedstep OFF from BIOS settings on boot.

I tried Crysis 2 and this time in EXTREME (previous to ULTRA), I tried it for at least 45 minutes, nothing weird happened, great sign.

Thanks a lot !

But could you tell me in brief what is this option for?

I googled it but too many info couldn't see the essential..

I suppose I can keep on testing now ^^

Seems that Advanced Power Plan settings was another reason. Had to change both "min" and "max" CPU states to 100%.

Manufacturers of computers have made if hard to turn off Speedstep for battery power economy reason, but I see no need...