How can I fix my Toshiba laptop?

Well yesterday my computer just turned off on me out of nowhere while i was playing a game and restarted by itself. then when it came back up it said "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key." So what do I do because I tried F8 an I tried all off those options even repair your computer and it did not start up because it only showed the mouse and a black screen backround. I also created a recovery disk, it was the same result. How can I fix this? Even if I have to restore it someway?

This error occures when the system couldn't find a bootable HDD in your laptop or desktop.

The common reasons for this error are,

• Your HDD partition has been corrupted to the point where it's no longer detected as bootable.
  • Your HDD has failed and needs to be replaced
  • May be its not getting power from SMPS
  • Make sure the data cables (sata) are properly connected.

If your laptop in warranty period better discuss with them.

Good luck

• 2 months later...

These thing can be a very large problem or small problem..well, here are they:

1.SMALL PROBLEM

-This may caused by your hard disk does not attach well in the slot..Try deassemble your PC and find where did your HD is. Then, push it firmly, then reassemble you pc, then restart.

2.BIG PROBLEM

-Your hard disk might be broken or damage (this is because it had drop or hit by something)

WELL, i kind da give an advice to you, if you go to PC repair store, they would say 'Well, you had a broken hard disk. You need to buy new hard disk'..DON'T BE XPLOITED BY THAT WORD!.. There are might be your HDD is not firmly insert..Try to push it more better..If the error still appears, then you can announced that your HDD is broken. TQ

Please do not post the same question multiple times!

You never help people with a great deal situation. Dude, this is forum. Forum means help. Help mean discuss. I know you know the solution. But try to give a suggestion man. Don't just sit there and find the question that people talk that you just know. Hope you know dude.

AS the hard drives in most laptops are held in place internally by a screw, it is unlikely that the connection has come loose, more likely is the hard drive has failed.

Can you take it out and hook it up to another computer to test it.

Please do not post the same question multiple times!

Dude, this is forum

Exactly. Forums have rules. Posting the same question in different places in the same forum is against the rules, for logical reasons. Even though the forum is not so busy right now, we don't need different people giving the same advice in different places.