Error 0x80000001 !

My laptop (HP Dv6) started to get slow so I thought it might be a good idea to do a clean install of windows, I started the setup and clicked on format disk and then chose "Install". It worked perfectly until it was done with packing out files, then I just got the error 0x8000001..

A friend said it might be my ram that was bad so I changed from 8 to 4 (4 was original and I have changed to 8gb).

As I don't have anything on my computer, no OS or anything I can't run .exe files (dooh) as many sites suggest to fix those errors.

Do you know how I can fix this?

Hmmm....

The error code given in your text refers mainly to apple software - the M/S error code has an extra "0".

This seems quite an unusual error and there is not much information about it. Do you have the recovery information loaded on to a CD/DVD? Try reformatting and repeating the process from disk.

Is the Win 7 DVD you are using an original one or one created with rt7lite ?

Make sure you have removed/unplugged all of your USB devices (e.g. Pen drives) before you start the install.