Computer will not boot, making odd noises.

cyanogen

I don't know what to do, just tonight, I came back to my computer which mysteriously shut itself down. Not figuring much, I started it up. From there, the BIOS started, then an odd clicking. After which, it went to a blank page, with an odd symbol in the middle of the screen.

I took this video in hopes to better explain the dilemna.

/>http://youtu.be/wjR4KyFdb4w

Thank you for your time.

I would agree with -pops- diagnosis of physcal hard drive failure.

I bought a new hard drive, installed it. Installed Windows, got things installed, etc. Restarted the computer, and it did it again!

I'm really not liking this, and why would it not do it until it this time now? I don't understand what's happening here... /worry.

Edit: Also, when I go into set-up, I can see it recognizing the drive. Specifically stating model and such...

Your video isn't the clearest thing to look at. I can hear one click, but the video stops immediately afterwards. Does the clicking continue ?

Have you tried booting from a Linux Live CD to see ifthe machine boots properly then ?

What Operating System is it ?

Can you post a clearer image of this odd symbol ?