wierd computer freezes

howdy forums,

so, i have been having odd computer freezes for the past couple of months now, and i have really no idea whats going on. I've talked to my geek friends and I've gotten explanations all across the board. "it's your NIC", "It's your powersupply" "it's your RAM"

When it freezes, EVERYTHING stops. (duhh) anyway, the only way to get it out of the freezes is to press restart button on my case or flick the switch on the back of the power supply. I'm sure that that's really bad for the computer. One time it froze, It actually tried to fix itself and went to a blue, memory dump screen. But then IT FROZE AGAIN!!! (WTF!!!) so i had to restart it, and my 1TB hard drive got corrupted and completely stopped functioning. my computer didnt even recognize it. so i scavenged around and found our old, Windows 98 PC with a 40GB HDD (LOL :lol: ). Im not going to bore you with how much 40 GB of room sucks, But it REALLY sucks.

In the past, i have had no idea what was going on, but then a geek friend told me to look at the event viewer. the picture is of my administrative events. the red lines are when i restart the computer. they are the only critical events that i get. the blue area is full of events that i have no idea about. this was about the only way that i knew bad things were happening for a long time, but then, the computer gave me another clue.

Now, i play minecraft and host a minecraft server for my friends (5 people tops) and i dedicate 1GB of ram to this server. it seems to crash more frequently when i play minecraft/use large amounts of RAM. The 3 .txt files are the only error report i have of any freezes, and they have only occurred when i play minecraft on my server. Now i suspect the freezing has something to do with my RAM/Motherboard. but thats just a hunch.

To sum it up... WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER!!!

post-22147-0-66645800-1339272381_thumb.p

hs_err_pid2688.txt

hs_err_pid3508.txt

hs_err_pid4960.txt

Have you checked temperatures?

Are all the fans working correctly and efficiently - that is not bunged up with dust.

Is the airflow in the case un-impeded?

Is there free ventilation around the machine e.g. not in a cupboard.