My Computer stopped recognizing Zip. Folders

TiagoMoon

Hello. So my computer had a default program (I don't know which program) to open zip. files. The Zip folders appeared normally (the icon with a folder with a ziper) and when I clicked them with the right button they gave me the option to "extract files". I had instaled one program (Express Zip) I don't remember why, and when I did it gave another option when doing that, besides "extract files" it had another option to open the folders with that program.

However, today I mistakenly choose the option to open with Express Zip and it said it had to install some components. So I did, and it changed the appearance of the folders and when realized what I had done, I uninstaled it. Thats when the problem begun. I checked the folders again and they didn't have any icon, just a blank thing (like when you don't have any program to open RAR and it doesn't recognize the type of file). When I clicked it, no options where there. They were all gone, both "extract files" and "extract with expres zip". My computer didn't recognize it, and just had the option to chose the program to open the file, but all it shows is chrome and internet ex.. I reinstalled the program and it didn't work, so I tried to install winzip but it still didn't work. I tried to turn off and on my computer but it was the same.

Can anyone help me please? I don't know what happened, I just uninstalled Express Zip and this happened.

Thanks,

Tiago.