Left it too late to put Windows 7 on my Dell and old anyway

Too late to buy a ready loaded computer locally so have to go to those who still have a licenced one etc and buy on line,.

Found this one and seems to be what I want but have a couple of questions.

New Intel Core i5-3470/8Gb RAM/1Tb HD/Win7 Home Premium Desktop PC

Condition:

Brand New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition

Processor Type:

Intel Core i5

Hard Drive Capacity:

1 TB

Processor Speed:

3.2 GHz

Primary Drive:

DVD+/-RW

Memory:

8 GB

Bundled Items:

Network Card, Operating System, Sound

Not sure if this is 32 bit or 64 bit as Windows 7 Premium comes in both.

So do I need a 64 bit because maybe a 32 bit going to be obsolete soon?

I suppose it depends on programs are they all supporting 64 bit now - Emisoft does for malware and firewall etc.

Fine they have these but no details of what ports etc and last time ended up with too few and a hub simply didn't work on it so always pulling out something to charge I Pod and mobile and always saying not high powered enough so need what USB 3?

So how many ports should I have, want USB3 if that is the high powered one on the front to charge etc.

I use a modem, keyboard, mouse, printer, speakers, and external HD which takes up all but one currently so how many more for future use not sure - how many normal is as this Dell came up short and told should have asked but didnt know at the time as asking you here for help on how many needed as going wireless router next when this modem dies and close to 5 yrs old so sometime soon maybe.

But also in the future our Sony Bravia will die circa 2008 - or Panasonic circa 2009 and will replace first with a Smart TV that can connect to for watching movies downloaded via computer so what will I need on it to be able to do that?

Any suggestions will be very welcome. The bloke I have picked out from 3 also builds mainly gaming computers so I may well be wrong but thought he is cleverer maybe as don't gamers need more than non gamers on a computer and of course know more than average users like myself.

Hi Lamb chop, it will be a 64 bit OS as it has 8GB's of RAM and 32 bit will only suport 4GB's of RAM.

Any modern computer will allow you to download and view movies even with Intel integrated graphics, and as far as USB 2 & 3 ports are concerned without a model number it is impossible to ascertain.