Questions/help uploading pictures to my laptop

darmund

Disclosure; my knowledge of computers is less than it should be in this day and age. Don't have a smart phone. I use a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7. I had to have the hard drive replaced back in November. My problem/issue is that I want to upload some pictures from an Instagram account (not mine but my brothers) to use as avatars on a message board, but I have no clue how to go about doing this. I click on the Pictures tab and that brings up my Pictures library, but I have no clue how to upload pictures form the Instagram account to my computer and from there to the avatar on the message board.

And help is greatly appreciated and it would be great if you could lay it out step by step like I had zero programming knoweldge, which is true. So so true.

Thanks.

:welcomewf:

Download and use:
Free Instagram Downloader

This tool got a lot of downloads in the latter part of last year, and early part of this year when Instagram announced a "Policy Change" and angered many people. ( http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2012/12/18/instagram-privacy-policy-advertisers/1777005/ )

Want to download photos from Instagram? Try Free Instagram Downloader, download instagram user's photos in one click, Simple and Fast.

instagram2_zps33620130.jpg

Once downloaded you can change the photos to the required avatar size with your usual photo-editor, or there are plenty of free online services who will do the job for you in just a few clicks.

See this Google Page: https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=30&q=convert+to+avatar+free&oq=free+convert+to+avatar+&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i22i30l6.68482.78461.0.87776.12.12.0.0.0.0.210.1322.7j4j1.12.0...0.0...1c.1.11.serp.dd4mPEYG_RE

If you wish to upload your Avatar to this forum, I am pretty sure one of the moderators will be only too pleased to help you.

Thanks for the response and info. I downloaded and set up the ap/program. Unfortunately, well, there's a problem. I should say that I don't have an Instagram account, because apparently you need a smart phone to get one and I don't have a smart phone now, nor do I have plans to get one. Anyway, don't have an Instagram account so that may be a part of the problem. When I entered a users name I got this message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.Web, Version=4.0.0.0m Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any clue or hints as to what to do/try?