Trust Keyboard And Mouse Set

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse set. Trust 300KD. They were purchased with a new computer in January. Until yesterday everything was perfect. Today however the keyboard has been giving difficulties, in that it has been missing out letters, particularly capitals. The shift key also refused to work at times. New batteries made no difference. I took it back to the shop and it worked perfectly. The shopkeeper changed the channel from one to two and suggested that I tried that. Everything is now perfect, so I have no problem. Can anyone throw any light on this please, just out of curiosity? I have changed NOTHING at all, and installed nothing new. Can something electrical be causing interference on channel one?

Thanks Nell. I have also had this posted on PCA. There have been various suggestions as to possible causes, but none of them fit. The keyboard is absolutely perfect, as good as the day it was delivered with the computer in January, on channel two. I have tried it again on channel one, and it played up again, back on channel two it is perfect. It appears that this is one of life's little mysteries. Something round here is sending out some kind of interference. The computer is against an outside wall where it lives upstairs, away from TV, Hi-Fi, and neighbours etc. As I said, there is no problem as it works on channel two, but I don't like mysteries.