Sharepoint Designer 2007

Boris, thank you so much for your reply; I have yet to install the program and was just curious. I do volunteer work for our local Air National Guard Family Readiness Group and I designed and manage a website in FrontPage 2003. Currently my operating system is Windows XP Pro and I am considering installing Windows 7 in the very near future. I have been told that yes Frontpage 2003 will work in Windows 7 and no FrontPage 2003 will not work in Windows 7. From what I hear Sharepoint Designer 7 does work in Windows 7 and I haven't heard anyone say it doesn't. Big question is do you know of any members who designed websites in FrontPage 2003 moving to Sharepoint Designer 2007 and if so do you know if they experienced any significant difficulties. Thanking you in advance.

John

I am not sure if Sharepoint Designer is a replacement for Frontpage.

Anyway, most software that runs on Windows XP will also run on Windows 7, either natively, or in Windows XP Compatibility Mode. So I am pretty sure that you can run Frontpage on Windows 7, one way or another.

ɹəuəllıʍ ʇɐb

To my limited knowledge Express Web 4, requires the user to have knowledge of html and css as it is not a WYSIWYG editor, Sharepoint Designer 2007 is more in tune with FrontPage 2003 as it allows the user use of WYSIWYG. Regardless, I am not abe to install Sharepoint Designer 2007; even though I am the administrator Sharepoint Designer 2007 informs me I do not have permission to a specific register file. I understand that there are different versions of Windows 7 do you know if all versions would allow me to use FrontPage 2003? If not which version would I have to purchase? Thanking you in advance.

John

I am confused; do you already have Windows 7, or you are yet going to get it?

If you "do not have permission to a specific register file", then something is seriously wrong with your Windows installation.

Have you tried to install Frontpage? Either in native or compatibility mode?